Friday, August 26, 2011

A Nurse's Note

I'm really a dreamer. I have tons of dreams that are still to be achieved.

Being a nurse was not on my list of dreams, but I became one. I don't know if this is the right path for me. I mean, I hate the rotating schedules, I hate being here in Jordan since there is no available nursing jobs in the Philippines, or if there is, the salary is too low that in a single week you'll be able to finish all of your hard earned money. These two are not the only complaints I have regarding my profession, but I'm already here, there's no turning back.

Even though there's a part of me that is hateful towards this profession, a bigger part of me came to love it.

Why?

While studying, I met my ultimate friends. When I am with them, I feel really happy. When I am with them, I don't feel any worries to show and express my real self.

Being a nurse made me realize that I'm very lucky. I've spent months in training in a hospital where we cater to the less fortunate. There are those that doesn't have a single peso to buy medicines for themselves or their families. Seeing these made me appreciate the blessings that I have.

Because of this profession, I had the opportunity to render my service to my fellow Filipinos. During training, we were not compensated with salary or allowance, instead, I received sincere gratitude and patients' smiles that were priceless. (These were nice, but these plus money could've been better:))

There are lot of things I want to add to this list, but my nose is already bleeding. Potek! hindi ko na kinakaya. Emo daw ako kunwari ngayon dahil sa nabasa kong isang blog na tungkol sa pagiging nurse. Ginaya ko lang bakit ba?! Walang pakialamanan. Basta, ewan ko, malay ko ba, wala na talaga akong alam at masabi. Eto ang resulta ng OFW na walang magawa.

5 comments:

  1. nakakagulat! ng English ka bigla.. hahaha dapat u put a link din dun sa blog na nabasa mo dito sa post mo para mabasa din ng iba :D ganda nung unang picture.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. E ayoko ilagay yung link. Bakit ba? Walang pakialamanan sabi e.. haha.. Inedit mo ako no?? haha.. anong grade ko? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! hindi no.. wala akong karapatang i-edit ang isang QA! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Napilitan lang kasi si Mr. Hong na ipromote ako at idemote ang sahod ko.. ang wirdo talaga nung koreanong yun.. hahaha.. buhay pa ba GMI?

    ReplyDelete
  5. uu buhay na buhay pa! haha Si Mr. Hong ay isang halimbawa ng kuripot na tao at gusto nya sya lang ang yumaman.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete